- Screening Dates: 29th October 2015, 8pm // 5th November 2015, 6pm
- Starring: Aleksei Serebryakov, Elena Lyadova, Roman Madyanov
- Directed by: Andrey Zvyagintsev
- Running time: 141 minutes
- Rating: M - sexual references and violence
- Language: Russian with English subtitles
Set in a fictional village on the shores of the Barents Sea, the plot follows the tragic series of events that affect Kolya (Aleksai Serebryakov), a hot-headed car mechanic, his 2nd wife Lilya (Elena Lyadova), and his teenage son Roma (Sergey Pokhodyaev), when the town’s unscrupulous mayor Vadim (Roman Madyanov) attempts to expropriate the land on which Kolya’s house is built. The narrative offers a grim outlook on the dark aspects of human nature and on modern Russia. “Leviathan” is a bold attempt to unmask the truth behind moral aspects of superficial friendliness, blind love, and undeserved trust.