- Screening Dates: 12th June 2014, 8 pm // 26th June 2014, 6 pm
- Starring: Audrey Tautou, Romain Duris, Omar Sy, Gad Elmaleh, Alain Chabat
- Directed by: Michel Gondry ('Mood Indigo', 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', 'The Science of Sleep')
- Running time: 90 minutes
- Rating: (M) Violence and sex scenes
- Language: French with English subtitles
Fantastical French romance starring Audrey Tautou (Amelie), Romain Duris (The Beat That My Heart Skipped) and Omar Sy (The Intouchables), from inventive filmmaker Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). Based on the 1947 novel Froth on the Daydream, the story follows the courtship and marriage of a young couple. Heartbreak ensues when the woman develops an illness that can only be treated by surrounding her with flowers.
Colin (Duris), a wealthy young man and inventor of the cocktail-mixing piano, wants to fall in love. With the help of his cook Nicolas (Sy) and best friend Chick (Gad Elmaleh), he meets Chloe (Tautou), the incarnation of a Duke Ellington tune. But soon after their wedding, Chloe falls ill. She has a water lily growing in her chest. Ruined by medical expenses, Colin resorts to increasingly desperate methods to save his beloved’s life.