- Screening Dates: 30th October 2014, 8pm // 6th November 2014, 6pm
- Starring: Tahar Rahim, Berenice Bejo, Ali Mosaffa
- Directed by: Asghar Farhardi
- Running time: 130 minutes
- Rating: M 16
- Language: Iranian and French, with English subtitles
At the request of his estranged wife Marie, Ahmed returns to Paris after 4 years in Tehran to finalise their divorce. He learns that Marie plans to marry her lover Samir, ignoring the protests of her teenage daughter Lucie.
Ahmed finds himself attempting to repair the rift between Marie and Lucie, piecing together the puzzle of lies and guilt connected to past actions.
This is an engrossing psychological drama, superbly written, sensitively directed, and powerfully acted. It probes away at the rawest, most intimate emotions of its characters, another compelling testament to Asghar Farhadi’s gift for fine direction and a teller of domestic truths.