- Screening Dates: 17th October, 6 pm // 24th October, 8 pm
- Starring: Audrey Tautou, Gilles Lellouche, Anaïs Demoustier
- Directed by: Claude Miller ('Un Secret', 'Betty Fisher and Other Stories')
- Running time: 110 minutes
- Rating: (M) Sex scenes
- Language: French with English subtitles
Audrey Tautou stars in this French period drama as an unhappily married woman struggling to break free from suffocating social pressures and her boring provincial setting. Directed by the late Claude Miller, based on the 1927 literary classic Thérèse Desqueyroux.
Thérèse has married less for love than for convenience, but it is not long before the casual disinterestedness shown by arrogant husband Bernard (Gilles Lellouche) sets her mind in motion. Life is easy at first, as Bernard’s pinewood estates keep them both in the lap of luxury. But when Thérèse’s best friend Anne (Anaïs Demoustier), also Bernard’s younger sister, falls passionately in love with a handsome young Portuguese man, Thérèse begins to see what her life is missing. Soon, she begins her own fight against the oppressive Desqueyroux family.