- Screening Dates: 18th July 2013, 6 pm // 25th July 2013, 8 pm
- Starring: Claudio Bisio, Alessandro Siani, Angela Finocchiaro, Valentina Lodovini
- Directed by: Luca Miniero ('Questa notte è ancora nostra')
- Running time: 103 minutes
- Rating: (M) contains offensive language
- Language: Italian with English subtitles
A massive box office hit in native Italy, in this comedy Alberto is holding out hope for a work transfer to Milan, but instead ends up in a small town in southern Italy. It’s a part of the country he considers backward and crime-ridden until the scenery and lovely locals begin to change his attitudes. A remake of 2008 French film Welcome to the Sticks.
Alberto (Claudio Bisio) is a postal worker hoping to transfer to Milan, the city of his dreams, but instead he is sent to Castellabate. He arrives in the Italian south with preconceptions, prejudice and a bullet proof vest firmly in place. His wife, Maria (Angela Finocchiaro), is too terrified to accompany him to what she imagines is a hot and dirty hilltop town swarming with mafia. Soon, however, Alberto falls for the natural beauty and the charming locals, including the postman (Alessandro Siani) and a postal clerk (Valentina Lodovini), who introduce the northerner to the joys of southern life.