- Screening Dates: 27th April, 6pm // 4th May, 8.15 pm
- Starring: Song Kang-ho, Gang Dong-won, Bae Doona Lee, Ji-eun Lee, Joo-young
- Directed by: Hirokazu Kore-eda
- Running time: 128 mins
- Rating: M - course language
- Language: Korean with English subtitles
NOTE – this film will start at the later time of 8.15pm due to the longer running time of the 6pm film (THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD), this week.
The film follows two brokers who sell orphaned infants, circumventing the bureaucracy of legal adoption, to affluent couples who can’t have children of their own. After an infant’s mother surprises the duo by returning to ensure her child finds a good home, the three embark on a journey to find the right couple, building an unlikely family of their own.
★★★★★ “One of the year’s most delightful films.” – BBC
★★★★ “It’s a crowd-pleaser and a gentle joy, with a standout performance from Parasite’s Song Kang-ho.” – Time Out