- Screening Dates: 15th October, 8pm // 22nd October, 6pm
- Starring: Omar Sy, Charlotte Gainsbourg
- Directed by: Olivier Nakache, Eric Toledano
- Running time: 119 minutes
- Rating: M
- Language: French with English subtitles
Samba (Omar Sy) and Alice (Charlotte Gainsbourg) are 2 people living on the edge. Samba is an illegal Senegalese worker in Paris who, while trying to get legal status, finds himself detained in an immigration centre. There he meets Alice, his case worker, whose recent mental illness culminated in a breakdown which put her career in jeopardy. Samba and Alice carry themselves with a fragility and a kind of adolescent energy as they are drawn together.
Samba provides a snapshop about the plight of immigrants in France, and the dichotomy that exists there, . . . . a country that needs these workers, yet hates to see or even acknowledge them.